Skip to main content

Request a repair to your council home

In the event of an emergency

Request an emergency repair if the issue is a security risk or could cause harm to you, another person or to your property.

Before reporting a repair, you should know that:

How to request a repair

Use our online form to request a repair to your council home.

What to do when a contractor visits your home

When one of our contractors comes to your home to carry out work, you must:

  • make sure someone aged over 18 is there to let them in  
  • prepare the area where the work will be taking place by clearing the space and removing pictures or ornaments to keep them safe 
  • have valid home contents insurance in case of any accidental damage
  • let us know as soon as possible If you need to cancel the appointment 
  • not smoke indoors while the contractor is in your home

If there’s any aggressive behaviour, our contractor will leave.

You can be confident that the contractors will follow the Contractors Code of Conduct by:  

  • wearing ID badges 
  • carrying out work to a high standard 
  • treating you and your home with respect 
  • being polite and courteous 
  • not smoking in your home 
  • being on time and letting you know if they are running late 
  • completing work in a single visit whenever possible 
  • keeping noise and mess to a minimum

Have you encountered a problem with this page?