Skip to main content

Contacts for homelessness and housing

Skip to contents of guide

Before contacting the housing team, you may find the answer to your questions on the Shelter website.

You can contact us by:

If you do not need urgent immediate help and think you may receive an eviction notice contact us as soon as possible by email at

Get housing advice

You can get tailored advice about:

  • how to solve problems affecting your housing situation
  • what to do if you have been asked to leave your property
  • how you can find somewhere else to live
  • how we can help you.

You don’t need to give any personal details about who you are or where you live

Get housing advice

Use our homelessness and housing portal

Where possible please use our website portal or email first, so our phone lines are available for customers who do not have internet access.

The option to book an appointment for a face-to-face service will be limited to people who are unable to access services using other methods.

You can provide scanned copies of documents, photos or other evidence to support your application. Originals will be required later.

Additional support

If you’re having difficulties, you may be eligible for Statutory Sick Pay and Universal Credit.

There’s also advice and information on the government's Money Helper website.

Have you encountered a problem with this page?