Taking steps to improve and maintain health and general wellbeing is an important aspect of falls prevention. Keeping active, eating well, drinking enough fluids, paying attention to foot problems, and wearing properly fitting shoes can contribute to avoiding falls.
You could also try:
- regular exercise - to improve your balance
- review any medication, in case it affects your balance
- regular eye tests help identify problems that may affect your balance and coordination
- speak to your GP if you are worried about falling
- report any foot problems to your GP or chiropodist