Skip to main content


If you need long term help from a professional to meet your needs, but you want to stay independent in your own home, there are options for you.

You can look into employing a personal assistant, or you can get at-home care services from a home care provider. This may mean that a professional carer comes to live with you, or that a professional carer visits you regularly.

We recommend looking at the Dorset Care Services directory from Care Choices, or our own adult social care directory, to explore your options.

If you haven't spoken to us about getting help with your needs, please contact us.

Have you encountered a problem with this page?