Skip to main content

Report a missing or damaged bin

Skip to contents of guide

If your bin is missing or badly damaged, please let us know.

If the wheels on your recycling or rubbish bin are broken, we should be able to fix this free of charge. Any other damage will require a replacement.

There is a charge for replacement bins:

  • £45 for an additional rubbish bin
  • £55 for an additional recycling bin

If the food waste container you put out for collection or the kitchen caddy has gone missing or is damaged, we'll provide you with a replacement free of charge.

The replacement for the outside food waste container is a 23L food waste container and not the 12L insert.

If you receive certain benefits

If you get certain income based benefits, you may be able to have a replacement bin free of charge.

You may be eligible if you receive:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Pension Credit - Guarantee Credit
  • Universal Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Council Tax Support

Make sure you check that your bin is not nearby or at a neighbour's house before reporting it as missing.

Have you encountered a problem with this page?