Skip to main content

Food waste bin collections

Skip to contents of guide

Food waste collections currently only apply to Bournemouth and Christchurch residents.

Your food waste container is for recycling your food waste and it is emptied weekly.

You are given a:

  • 7 litre kitchen caddy to keep indoors
  • 23 litre food waste container to keep outdoors

Kitchen caddies can be lined with compostable caddy liners, newspaper, or nothing at all.

Flats with shared bins

If your flat has shared bins, you have to opt-in to get your food waste bins. To do this, please email

The managing agents will need to agree before we can supply you food waste bins. We'll then arrange a visit to assess what size shared food waste bin you might need.

If your managing agents agree, we’ll provide your block of flats, or shared house, with a household rubbish bin with a brown lid to show it’s only for food waste.

We’ll offer each flat a small 7 litre kitchen caddy.

You can empty the food waste from your kitchen caddy into the shared bin with the brown lid.

Have you encountered a problem with this page?