Skip to main content

Damage to your council home

If you or anyone within your home cause any damage to your council home, we expect for you to arrange for it to be repaired. You can do the repairs yourself or hire a professional to do it for you. You will be responsible for any costs for repairing the damage.


If the damage has been caused by a break-in or vandalism, we will carry out repairs to make your home safe and secure. We will only do further work if you give us a Police Crime Number (not an incident number given over the phone). It is your responsibility to get the crime number, if you do not do this you may be responsible for the cost of making your home safe and secure.

Have you encountered a problem with this page?