Skip to main content

Antisocial behaviour involving BCP Homes tenants

Skip to contents of guide

Report antisocial behaviour involving BCP Homes tenants

To report antisocial behaviour, please contact us by:

If you are being threatened with physical violence, are being harassed or feel like it is an emergency please call 999.

If you are experiencing noise nuisance from dogs barking or loud music, TV or radio, please make a noise complaint.

This only applies to cases involving BCP Homes tenants, if this is not the case, please use our antisocial behaviour page to report it to us.

Gathering evidence

We need evidence of the antisocial behaviour to be able to take action. We will usually ask you to complete diary sheets of ongoing nuisance such as dogs barking and loud music. If writing diary sheets is difficult for you, please contact your housing officer and they can look into alternative ways of recording the behaviour.

We may also ask you to report nuisance to other agencies such as the police or environmental services. If you are experiencing noise nuisance, we encourage you to download The Noise App which records up to 30 second recordings of the noise.

Without evidence of antisocial behaviour, we are powerless and will not be able to resolve the problems you are having.

What to expect after you report antisocial behaviour

We will complete a triage form when you report an incident to us which will assess the situation and help us determine the level of antisocial behaviour you are experiencing so we can decide what our next steps need to be.

Once reported to us, we will get in touch within 24 hours if the incident has been assessed as being an emergency or priority. If this is not the case, we will let you know and you can expect a call from us within 5 or 10 days depending on the circumstances.

We will speak to you and any witnesses or agencies you may have reported it to. If appropriate, we will contact the person you have complained about and put your allegation to them.

Possible outcomes of antisocial behaviour reports

Once we have evidence of the nuisance, we will assess the complaint and make a decision on whether the tenancy agreement has been breached. We will speak to you and the person you have complained about to hear both sides of the events.

If there is a breach of tenancy, there are a number of possible outcomes depending on the circumstances:

  • mediation
  • referral to support services such as SMART, our support team or Steps 2 Wellbeing
  • written warning for breach of tenancy
  • Suspended Possession Order

In more serious cases of anti-social behaviour, we can apply legislation such as the ASB Crime and Policing Act 2014 to manage the issues and prevent further incidents.

These outcomes will usually be in partnership with agencies such as the police, the Safer Communities Team or environmental services and include:

  • Closure Orders
  • injunctions
  • Community Protection Notices
  • Public Spaces Protection Order
  • Criminal Behaviour Order

In the most serious cases of antisocial behaviour, we may issue possession proceedings against the perpetrator's home which could result in eviction. This is only ever considered once all other options have been exhausted and there is no other way to protect the community from the behaviour.

Have you encountered a problem with this page?