Skip to main content

Keeping a pet in a council home in Bournemouth

We’re happy for our tenants to have pets, but you must ask us first.

We need to check that you’re able to keep your pets responsibly, without causing problems for other residents.

Sometimes, before we give permission to have a pet in your home, we’ll ask you to get suitable home insurance to cover the cost of any damage the pet may cause.

If you cannot look after your pet in a way that meets the terms of your tenancy agreement, we may decide you can no longer keep it at the property.

You must take full responsibility for any pets you have, as we accept no liability for pets living in council homes.

Apply to keep a pet in your council home

Complete our application form to apply to keep a pet in your council home.

Have you encountered a problem with this page?