Skip to main content

Make a complaint about BCP Homes

Skip to contents of guide

According to the Housing Ombudsman, a complaint must be defined as ‘an expression of dissatisfaction, however made, about the standard of service, actions or lack of action by the landlord, its own staff, or those acting on its behalf, affecting a resident or group of residents.’

Let us know if you are not happy with our services

If it's the first time you are telling us about a problem, for example, the first time you are reporting antisocial behaviour or requesting a repair, please call us on 0800 028 1870 to discuss your concerns directly with the relevant team.

Making a formal complaint

If you want to make a complaint about a BCP Homes property, please email your complaint to or call 0800 028 1870.

Please give as much information as possible about your complaint, including your name and address, or the address that you wish to complain about.

Find out more about how we deal with formal complaints.

Our Customer Charter explains how we will treat you and how we ask to be treated.

A complaint that is submitted via a third party or representative must still be investigated, however we would also need permission from the tenant.

To find out about our compensation policy, see section 7.24 of our complaints policy.

How your complaint will be dealt with

Preventable complaints

If your complaint relates to not having received a call back, an outstanding repair or a service failure, we will try to resolve this without the need to go through a formal complaint. You will receive an email or phone call within 24 hours to get your issues resolved quickly.

If you do not accept that your issue can be resolved without a formal investigation, then we will log it as a stage 1 complaint.

Stage 1 complaint

If your complaint cannot be resolved within 24 hours, then a stage 1 complaint will be logged. Your complaint will be acknowledged within 5 working days. There will be a full investigation and you’ll receive a response within 10 working days with the outcome of your complaint.

Stage 2 complaint

If you are not happy with the outcome of your stage 1 complaint, you can request that your complaint is escalated to a stage 2.

Your stage 2 complaint request will be acknowledged within 5 working days, and you will receive a response to your stage 2 complaint within 20 working days.

After a stage 2 complaint, if you still do not believe that your complaint has been fully investigated, then you can refer this matter to the Housing Ombudsman.

For further advice and guidance on how to get an issue sorted, visit the government’s Make things right campaign

The GOV.UK Make things right campaign has more information and guidance about social housing complaints.

Have you encountered a problem with this page?