Report social care fraud
Misuse of personal budgets that are paid to a person receiving care or their carer(s) to manage their care can be considered as fraud.
Fraud can be carried out by:
- the user of the care services
- someone who is managing the budget on their behalf
- the organisation or individual who is providing the care.
Social care fraud includes:
- not telling us when the service user has died and continuing to receive payments from their personal budget
- claiming money from your personal budget is going to a carer when you are keeping it yourself
- taking the money from a dependent’s personal budget and using it to pay for things other than their care
- spending your care payments on something outside of your agreed agreed care and support plan.
How to report social care fraud
You can contact us of any concerns you have where you suspect fraud has been committed, by completing our fraud report form.
You are able to report fraud anonymously.
However, in most cases it would be helpful if you could leave your contact details, so that we can contact you for further information should we need it.
If we do need to share information that you’ve provided to us, will we contact you for your consent.