Skip to main content

Council Tax: let us know about a change in circumstances

Skip to contents of guide

Let us know if you’ve moved home, you’re leaving the area, your eligibility for a discount or exemption has changed, or there has been a change in tenants.

Bournemouth residents

Let us know about:

Christchurch residents

Let us know about:

Poole residents

Let us know about:

Information that you will need

You will need:

  • your bank details to set up a Direct Debit to pay your Council Tax
  • your Council Tax account number if you’re moving
  • the landlord's or agent's details and any joint tenant details if you're a tenant
  • solicitor's and any joint owner's details if you're the owner
  • tenants’ names, and the date of the change, if you’re a landlord or agent

Tell us straight away if your circumstances change. If you do not, you may lose out on a discount, benefit, be overpaid or be subject to a financial penalty.

Do not forget to update your details on the Electoral Register. You'll need your National Insurance number and date of birth.

Have you encountered a problem with this page?