Skip to main content

Changes in circumstances

If there is a change that could affect the entitlement to rate relief, you must let us know. You need to inform us within four weeks of the charge.

Moving premises

When you move your business to a different address, you need to let us know where you’re going. Your rateable value might have changed, affecting the business rate that you need to pay.

When you move, you need to let us know:

  • your account number
  • the address of the property that you have vacated
  • the date that you vacated the property
  • details of the owner of the property
  • your forwarding address
  • the date you will move goods into the new property (if within the Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole area)
  • the date of any subsequent property transfer, like freehold or leasehold transfer
  • the use to which the property is next intended
  • any other information that may relate to your liability for business rates

The information will be used to work out the extent of your liability and any exemptions or reliefs that you may be entitled to.

Have you encountered a problem with this page?