Skip to main content

Request an assessment as a young carer

Skip to contents of guide

If you are under 18 and care for another person in your family, you are classed as a young carer.

Our Young Carers Service may be able to help you with:

  • someone to help you outside of the home to get the support you may need for your family
  • finding other support you may not already know about, for example, in school or at college
  • activities where you can meet and talk to other young carers while having a break from your responsibilities

Request an assessment

To find out more or request an assessment, visit our Family Information Directory website.

Have you encountered a problem with this page?