Skip to main content

Benefits and financial support if you care for an adult

Skip to contents of guide

You or the adult you care for could be entitled to benefits and financial support, including:

Use the GOV.UK benefits calculator to work out what you could claim.

Council Tax reductions

You may be eligible for a Council Tax reduction if you’re an unpaid carer and live with the person you care for.

You may also be entitled to a disabled band reduction.

Carers discount card

Register with the Carers Information Service to receive your free Carers Card. The card can be used to get a discount on services or goods at participating businesses.

Have you encountered a problem with this page?