Skip to main content


You may be referred to our adult learning disability service if you:

  • are over 18
  • have been diagnosed with a learning disability
  • have an assessment that shows that you need extra help

If you have not spoken to us about your social care needs, you should first contact us so we can assess how best to help you.

The adult learning disability service includes health and social care workers, and we aim to help you live a full and independent life. 

Our team includes:

  • social care workers
  • learning disability community nurses
  • occupational therapists (OTs)
  • physiotherapists

We also work with:

  • psychiatrists
  • psychologists
  • speech and language therapists

We may teach basic life skills, assist you in finding a place to live, and get you the services or equipment you need to stay safe at home. You will be referred to us after your adult social care needs are assessed.

Have you encountered a problem with this page?