BCP Learning Disability Partnership Board (LDPB)
The role of the Learning Disability Partnership Board (LDPB) is to improve the lives of people with learning disabilities in the local community:
- promoting their independence, choice, rights and inclusion
- making sure they’re treated as equal citizens with access to mainstream services like health, housing, employment and education
- making sure bodies consult with them as their main source of information when planning and making decisions that affect the lives of people with learning disabilities
The LDPB is chaired jointly by the Director of Commissioning or the Director of Adult Social Care - Services and an adult with a learning disability supported by People First Forum.
The LDPB meets every two months. Read their terms of reference.
Minutes from the Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole LDPB:
Please email email@example.com if you would like copies of the:
- Carers Action Group minutes
- Keeping Safe Action Group minutes
- Health Action Group minutes
- Where I Live Action Group minutes
The Big Plan
The Big Plan was developed in partnership with Bournemouth and Poole Learning Disability Partnership Board, with the support of People First Forum (was Bournemouth People First and Poole Forum) and family carers.
The Big Plan has 7 Big Aims:
- where I live
- staying healthy
- having a good life
- the right care and support
- keeping safe
- becoming an adult
- support for my family
Safe Places in BCP Council is organised by People First Forum. Many businesses have signed up to the Safe Places scheme to help people with learning disabilities should they feel in danger, lost or unwell.
The scheme makes sure staff offer support to people with learning disabilities when they ask for help. These venues across the Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole area offer a refuge by displaying the 'Safe Place' sticker in their window.
Relevant links and useful information
More information about learning disabilities:
- Valuing People Now
- Improving Health and Lives
- Dorset HealthCare: Learning Disabilities
- Preparing for Adulthood
For information about what to expect at a health check, read: