Tourism services privacy notice
Please read our general privacy notice as well as this notice.
What we do
The BCP Council tourism websites provide tourist information to users and visitors about the Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole destinations. It covers areas such as the Russell-Cotes Art Gallery and Museum, Poole Museum, Highcliffe Castle, the National Coastal Tourism Academy as well as the beach front, seafront projects and marketing and events teams.
The purposes we use your personal information for
We collect and process your personal information to provide these services to you. This will include but not limited to:
- Beach hut registration
- To investigate concerns or complaints you may have
- To check the quality of our services, which may include conducting surveys
- Tourism e-newsletter sign-up
- Bournemouth Tourism partnership agreement
- Prepare statistical information for reporting purposes
- Night Time Economy Sources
- Brochure requests
- Competition entries
- To seek your views or comments on our services or in relation to research that we are undertaking for the benefit of the destination(s)
- To notify you of changes to our products and/or services
- To send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest. These may include information about campaigns, products, services, fundraising activities or promotion of our associated companies’ goods and services
- For fundraising activities or promotion of our associated companies’ goods and services
The personal information we collect and use
We only obtain and use the information we need to provide our services to you. We doobtain and use special category information.
The GDPR/DPA conditions we meet
The conditions that we use to process your personal information are:
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract with you
- Consent: you have given consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose, or purposes
Special category personal information - We also use these additional conditions to process your special category personal information
- Consent: you have given explicit consent to the processing of your personal information for one or more specified purposes
How to withdraw your consent
Where you have been asked to provide your consent to processing you can withdraw it at any time. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact or talk to the officer in the Council who has been providing the service or services to you. If you do not have an officer that you have regular contact with, please make your request to withdraw consent to our customer services team.
Remember to tell us which service or services your request applies to, so that we know who to send it to within the Council.
Who we may share your information with
A lot of the personal information we obtain and use we will get directly from you, but we also work with a broad range of other public, voluntary and private sector organisations. Our service area specific privacy notices will tell you which categories of organisations or agencies that information may be shared with by those areas, so their services can be delivered to you.
If we have obtained consent to use your personal information we may provide more detailed information about the organisations or agencies that we want to share information with but not limited to the following:
How long we keep information about you
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. In some instances, we are legally required to hold certain types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
| Area of Tourism|| Retention range|
||10 to 20 years
||5 to 10 years
|Destination Development and Strategy
and National Coastal Tourism Academy
|1 month to 100 years
||6 months to 100 years
|Russell Cotes Museum
||1 year to unlimited
||14 days to 6 years