How we manage and maintain trees
We manage and maintain the trees we own. If you experience or notice a problem with a tree we own, please report the tree issue to us.
We will remove:
- dead, dying and dangerous trees
- damaged and dangerous limbs
- limbs which are obscuring highway signs, traffic lights or lamps.
We will not remove:
- trees causing leaves to drop in your gutters, or on your drive or garden
- branches overhanging drive or garden
- trees blocking sunlight
- trees blocking satellite dishes, solar panels or TV aerials
- limbs interfering with telephone lines - you must contact the service provider
- trees close to but not touching a property
- trees or branches that are impacting railway lines, instead contact Network Rail: call 03457 114 141
- trees or branches that are impacting electricity cables, instead contact contact SSE: telephone 0800 052 0400
- trees belonging to a private landlord, agent or housing partnership. Instead, report these to the owners of the property or the partnership.
Vegetation damage to a property
All claims for compensation to Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council must be made in writing - either via post or email to:
- Insurance Team
Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council
The letter/email must contain:
- full name and postal address
- the exact date and approximate time of the incident
- the exact location of the incident (including the postcode)
- circumstances of the incident
- full details of the loss suffered (if this involves a vehicle, please include the make, colour and registration number).