Skip to main content

Report a blocked drain on a public road

Skip to contents of guide
Emergency contact information

Call 01202 123 123 or 0800 506 050 out of hours if the issue is an emergency where there is risk to life or property.

When reporting a blocked drain on a public road, you will need to tell us:

  • the location
  • any additional information that can help us locate the issue
  • your contact details if you want us to update you

You can also upload a picture of the drain.

How we deal with blocked drains on public roads

Our inspectors investigate all reports and assess them against the investigatory criteria from our Highway Inspection Policy. Where repairs are required, the most urgent defects are repaired first. Other defects will be recorded for consideration as part of wider maintenance schemes where they do pose an immediate risk.

Find out more about our highway maintenance scheme.

There are over 58,000 drainage gullies across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole which are schedule for cleaning on a 2 to 4 year cycle - more frequently in known problem locations.

Blocked drains on private property are the responsibility of the property owner.

Have you encountered a problem with this page?