The 2019 European Election results for the South West region have been declared.
Regional Returning Officer, Graham Farrant, from BCP Council, co-ordinated the regional count and declared the final result at the Civic Centre in Poole.
The number of votes cast for each party or individual candidate was:
- Change UK – The Independent Group 46,612
- Conservative and Unionist Party 144,674
- English Democrats 8,393
- Green Party 302,364
- Labour Party 108,100
- Liberal Democrats 385,095
- The Brexit Party 611,742
- UK Independence Party (UKIP) 53,739
- Maxey, Larch Ian Albert Frank (Independent) 1,772
- Rahman, Mothiur (Independent) 755
- Seed, Neville (Independent) 3,383
The six elected Members of the European Parliament for the South West Region are:
- Ann Widdecombe (The Brexit Party)
- Caroline Voaden (Lib Dem)
- James Glancy (The Brexit Party)
- Molly Scott-Cato (Green Party)
- Christina Jordan (The Brexit Party)
- Martin Horwood (Lib Dem)
The overall turnout for the South West region was 40.45 per cent compared to 37.04 in 2014.