Cllr Vikki Slade has been elected Leader of BCP Council at the inaugural Full Council meeting tonight (Tuesday 21 May 2019). Councillors also elected Cllr David Flagg as Chairman of the Council and Cllr George Farquhar as Vice Chairman.
Upon election, Cllr Slade announced the following Cabinet portfolios and members:
- Leader - Cllr Vikki Slade
- Finance – Cllr David Brown
- Children and Families – Cllr Sandra Moore
- Regeneration and Culture – Cllr Mark Howell
- Housing – Cllr Kieron Wilson
- Strategic Planning – Cllr Margaret Phipps
- Transport and Infrastructure – Cllr Andy Hadley
- Climate Change and Environment – Cllr Felicity Rice
- Adult Social Care and Health – Cllr Lesley Dedman
- Tourism, Leisure and Communities – Cllr Lewis Allison
Cabinet is made up of councillors from six political groups, with the Administration comprising 39 councillors from the Liberal Democrat (15), Christchurch Independents (8), Poole People (7), other Independents (3), Labour (3) and Green (2) parties, and the Alliance for Local Living (1).
Chief Executive Graham Farrant said, “Since the local elections earlier this month, Councillors have worked extremely hard to arrive at a position where BCP Council is able to elect a Leader and that Leader can appoint a Cabinet. I look forward to working with all Councillors as we commence the exciting job of setting Council priorities, shaping services and improving lives for people in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.”
The first meeting of the BCP Council Cabinet takes place on Wednesday 12 June at 10am, at a venue to be determined. The full agenda and papers will be published on the Council’s website on Tuesday 4 June, and the meeting will be open to the public to attend.