Skip to main content

Housing Related Support

Housing Related Support (HRS) services are available to help people gain necessary life skills to enable them to live independently or to sustain their existing tenancies.

This support may include (but is not limited to):

  • managing a tenancy
  • cooking skills, laundry and cleaning
  • budgeting and paying bills
  • accessing health services
  • accessing education, training and paid work

HRS services cannot meet care or personal needs, so please contact the Adult Social Care Contact Centre to find out if you’re eligible for other help.

Eligibility for HRS

To be eligible for HRS, you must:

  • be aged 16 or over
  • have a local connection to Bournemouth, Christchurch or Poole in accordance with our Reconnection Protocol, or be resident in Bournemouth, Christchurch or Poole to receive floating support
  • have recourse to public funds for accommodation-based services or the means to fund a placement
  • require housing related support
  • be willing to positively engage with the service and work towards achieving an agreed support plan

Supported accommodation

Supported housing is accommodation with staff on site (or visiting) to provide housing related support.

Supported housing may not be the most appropriate option and cannot be used simply to meet a housing need. These services are only available to those with housing related support needs.

The SP Hub coordinates access into supported housing in the BCP area and move on options for people moving within or leaving supported housing.

Referrals for supported accommodation are made by completing the completing the SP Hub online form.

You can save the form part-completed and come back to it later. You need to remember the login and password details you've set up. You can print the completed form for your own records.

By submitting the form on behalf of someone, you’re agreeing that you have their permission to make a referral and that you have shown them the BCP Housing privacy notice statement. You’ll need to keep your own record of this.

There’s guidance on how to complete the form, but if you have any questions, call 01202 123 147
(option 4) or email

We’re available Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm, and Friday 9am to 4:30pm.

Support and Inclusion Service

Our Housing Options Support and Inclusion team is also here to here to help you as early as possible - both before and after the landlord/agent issues you with notice that they intend to, or are evicting.

You’ll receive honest, supportive advice, relevant to your situation:

  • support, advice and guidance when you think you may lose your home
  • a dedicated worker to understand the issues and advise on next steps, visiting as necessary
  • liaison with your landlord or agent on your behalf
  • information about any benefits and loans you may be eligible for and assistance to apply for them
  • guidance about and referral to other organisations that may be able to help
  • signposting to other housing options as needed


Private landlords and agents requiring information and support for tenants please contact

Have you encountered a problem with this page?