Skip to main content

Extra Care Housing

Extra care housing helps people to live independently for as long as possible.

It provides the security and privacy of an own home, with a range of additional onsite facilities, together with 24 hour, seven days a week onsite care service.

Extra care housing is a housing option for people whose disabilities, frailty, vulnerability or health needs make ordinary housing unsuitable, but do not need, or want to move to, long term care.

The provision of a Care and Wellbeing Service supports residents’ independence by enabling them to carry out tasks themselves, rather than relying on others to do things for them. The objectives of the service are to:

  • develop or sustain residents’ capacity to live independently
  • reduce the number of people entering residential/nursing home care
  • reduce the number of emergency admissions to hospital
  • increase the number of people able to remain in the community
  • provide support to carers
  • maximise the number of people who are supported to participate in community activities.

Extra care housing schemes in Bournemouth

The Extra care housing accommodations in Bournemouth are:

  • Hibberd Court, Ensbury Park
  • Kingsley House, Moordown
  • Brushett House, Draper Road, Kinson
  • Craigleith, Boscombe.

You can apply to live in Bournemouth Extra Care Housing if you're:

  • meeting the age criteria for the specific extra care housing accommodation
  • eligible for our Housing Register
  • physically or mentally frail or have a long-term condition
  • living in housing that can’t be adapted to meet your needs
  • already living in a care home, or are thinking of moving to one, and would prefer to live independently with support
  • without the finances for a private scheme.

Extra care housing schemes in Christchurch

The Extra care housing accommodations in Christchurch are:

  • Bure House, Jumpers Road

Extra care housing schemes in Poole

The Extra care housing accommodations in Poole are:

  • Belmont Court
  • Delphis Court
  • Trinidad Village.

All Poole extra care housing accommodations are open to any adult aged 18 years or above with a care, support and housing need. They provide planned care and support to residents assessed by social services as having eligible care needs.

Read the Extra Care Housing Local Letting Plan for details of how to apply.

Call us on 01202 123 147 if you’d like to talk to us about Extra care housing in Poole.

More information

View our Extra care housing brochure.

To find out more about our ECH schemes, get in touch with our Adult Social Care Contact Centre.

Have you encountered a problem with this page?