Support and information is available if you are worried about your health and wellbeing.
Help & Care is a Dorset-based charity offering free support to people with long-term health conditions, carers, and others who are isolated. Support includes:
- Self management coaches to help you feel confident about managing your health, and link workers can help you connect with your local community.
- Independent advocates to help you get your voice heard and your rights upheld
LiveWell Dorset, funded by Public Health Dorset, offers wellness advice and coaching for free - including help to quit smoking or reduce drinking.
Make sure to look at the CRISP website as well, which provides lots of support and information.
Carer Support Dorset offers support and advice to carers of any age, and put you in contact with other organisations that may be able to help you.
Adult social care
If you find it difficult to live safely and independently in your home, you can find help on our adult social care section. It offers information and advice to help you make informed choices about living the life you want.
Mental health support
Dorset Mind is a charity that provides a variety of support options across Dorset. They run a:
- one-to-one befriending programme, designed to help people regain confidence and social skills
- adult support groups, to provide a safe space to share your emotions, thoughts and feelings as well as learn from others' experiences
- young people's support groups to help young people with mental wellbeing needs
You can find mental health information and wellbeing tips on the NHS Every Mind Matters website.
You can also self-refer for Dorset NHS mental health support through Steps2Wellbeing.
The NHS have produced a pocket information card that provides links to wellbeing and cost of living support services.
Local mental health crisis support options are available on the NHS Dorset mental health contact card.
The BCP Together app brings together a number of local and national resources for maintaining mental wellbeing in the workplace and while looking for work.
Help is available. Please look at our domestic abuse support page for contact details and support options.
Relate is a registered charity offering relationship counselling options for Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole. This includes romantic relationships, family counselling, mediation services and more.