Town Investment Plan
The government is investing £25 million in Boscombe as part of the Bournemouth Town Investment Plan under a new ‘Town Deal’.
We are one of 101 UK towns that is on track to share part of the total new 'Town Deal' which is worth £3.6 billion. This new government scheme will help improve where we live, work and enjoy, boost jobs and grow the local business community.
The council, in partnership with the Bournemouth Strategic Towns Fund Board is developing The Bournemouth Town Investment Plan which comprises a number of regeneration projects which will revitalise Boscombe town centre and the surrounding area.
"By 2030 Boscombe-Bournemouth (the regeneration area) will be connected, diverse, healthy and safe. Building on the area’s arts and creative sector as well as our built seaside heritage, there will be more jobs in a wider variety of sectors. The community will have greater access to good quality jobs, training, leisure activities and homes."
Our Aims are to:
- attract inward investment and deliver economic regeneration including new jobs and training opportunities focused on Boscombe Town Centre
- deliver high quality zero carbon homes in a vibrant mixed use neighbourhood
- develop a beautiful, healthy and green place that enhances Boscombe's Victorian Heritage
- achieve better virtually and physically connected communities and foster active travel
- provide enhanced space and support for Boscombe’s rich arts and music scene, celebrate its diverse cultures and bring the community together through festivals and events.
Town Investment Plan
'Our Town Investment Plan outlines a place based approach to the regeneration of Boscombe-Bournemouth, enabling us to build on established partnerships and unite those with ambition and passion to do the best for our town.'
Read our Bournemouth Town Investment Plan
Our town investment plan will be delivered through a number of projects which have been developed with our local communities, partners, private and public investors. This includes projects which residents will directly benefit from and will be delivered under five themes of: