Using less energy at home
We are helping householders save energy with the LEAP service and widening the eligibility of heating and insulation grants through the Government’s ECO Flexible Eligibility initiative.
Statement of intent
We do not have a Statement of Intent operating currently. We will shortly publish an updated one on this page, in compliance with ECO4 requirements.
If anyone uninvited calls at your home or telephones you about energy grants, they are not working for or with the Council.
Companies making this claim are doing so fraudulently. The Government’s own ‘Green Homes Grant’ scheme website confirms it ‘will never include official representatives coming to your property uninvited or cold calling on the phone to encourage you to join the scheme’. We support this position to minimise harassment to residents.
Past statement of intent documents
We are required to make previous Statement of Intent documents available.
- Version 1, which covered the Bournemouth Borough Council area (active from 28/12/2017 to 13/03/2018)
- Version 2, which covered the Bournemouth and Poole Council areas (active from 14/03/2018 to 31/03/2019)
- Version 3, which covered the Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council area (active from 1/04/2019 to 30/10/2020)
- Version 4, which covered the Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council area (active from 20/11/2020 to 31/10/2021
- Version 5, which covered the Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council area (active from 1/11/2021 to 19/07/2022)
More help for eligible BCP Council residents
Eligible homeowners can get financial help to replace broken gas boilers.
Eligible households that have never had a gas central heating system could get one for free.