Skip licence for placing a skip on the highway

If you’re a registered skip operator in the BCP Council area and you want to place a skip on the highway, you must apply for a licence.

How to apply to place a skip in the Bournemouth area

To apply you must complete our online application form. Please note that you will need to tell us:

  • the name of the skip company
  • your contact details
  • where the skip will be placed
  • the date the skip will be placed on the highway.

How to apply to place a skip in the Christchurch or Poole areas

The application process consists of two steps. Firstly you will need to register your company using our registration form and secondly, once registered, you can apply for the licence by completing our online application form.

Please submit your registration, along with any other questions, to: