Before you can begin leafleting you must apply for a permit online.
You don't need to apply for a permit if:
- the leaflet is for religious, political or charitable purposes
- you are leaving leaflets on a stall for people to take.
Permit options and fees
- 1 month leaflet permit £25
- 3 month leaflet permit £65
- 6 month leaflet permit £130
- 12 month leaflet permit £260.
Your permit will be withdrawn and no refund given if our terms and conditions are broken. Please ensure that:
- no more than 8 people can give out leaflets
- leaflets are not distributied in council car parks, parks, gardens, Pier Approach, the seafront or the Square
- all people distributing leaflets have a copy of your permit
- you have a permit for each business that you are promoting if you are an agent. You must also ensure that the business name is on the leaflet
- you do not leave leaflets unattended for the general public to pick up
- all leaflets which have been dropped within a radius of 100 metres from the distribution point have been picked up by the permit holder
- the leaflets you hand out must not contain material that is considered racist, sexist, offensive, or that encourages criminal behaviour or irresponsible drinking
- the leaflet does not promote offers or discounts on alcohol.
On application if we decide that your leaflet is not suitable you will have 14 days to upload a revised version. If we don’t receive a suitable revised leaflet within this time, your application will be refused and you won’t be entitled to a refund.
You must make your request at least 5 days in advance, not including bank holidays. Please note, you can't apply more than 1 month in advance.