Under the Hypnotism Act 1952 if you wish to show, demonstrate or perform a hypnotism act in public, you must have authorisation.
There are certain conditions attached to the authorisation.
How to apply
You should apply in writing to us at least 28 days before the performance. There is no fee to apply for authorisation.
You must include:
- your full name (and stage name) address and telephone number
- the address where the show, performance, or demonstration is to take place
- the date and times of the performance
- a public liability insurance certificate
- details of the 3 previous performances
- details of any previous convictions under the Hypnotism Act 1952
- details of any previous hypnotism consent being refused by a local authority
Send the details to us at: