Skip to main content

Job related second home discount

Skip to contents of guide

If you live in and pay Council Tax (or for MOD personnel, a Charge in Lieu of Council Tax (CILOCT)) for a property you employer requires you to occupy, and you are liable for Council Tax on a second furnished property, you may qualify for a discount of 50%.

In order to qualify, the liable person must:

  • occupy a dwelling as a requirement of their employment
  • the property left empty is furnished

If you are not required to live in a specific property, but simply need to live local to your job then the discount will not apply.

If you wish to apply for the discount, we would need to see the terms of your contract of employment to confirm you are required to occupy another property.

For more information, please contact us.

Have you encountered a problem with this page?