We have lots of childcare funding information on the Family Information Directory, including funded childcare for 2 to 4 year olds.
Healthy Start for newborns and young children
If you’re more than 10 weeks pregnant or have a child under 4, you may be entitled to get help to buy healthy food and milk through the NHS Healthy Start scheme. Those who are eligible should be sent a card that can be used in certain UK shops.
School age children
There are a number of ways to save on costs and seek support for school age children.
- apply for free school meals
- apply for school transport
- Holiday Activities and Food programme (HAF) - information for parents and carers
- for school uniforms, ask your school for help directly and join the School Uniform for Free Facebook group
- local free activities are listed in the Family Information Directory.
Benefits and finance for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Information and advice on available financial support for children with SEND can be found on the Family Information Directory.