Skip to content
Coast Banner

Livestock health and welfare

Reporting animal welfare concerns

If you are concerned about the welfare of livestock, such as pigs, cattle, sheep, goats and poultry, contact our Trading Standards and Regulatory Services office.  

To contact Trading Standards, email

Alternatively, send letters or forms to: 

Regulatory Services,
Town Hall Annexe,
St Stephens Road,
BH2 6EA.

You can also use our contact form.

If you have concerns about the welfare of domestic animals such as cats and dogs please contact the RSPCA

Animal feedstuffs

We also enforce animal feedstuffs legislation, which involves the inspection, sampling and monitoring of the production and storage of feed. This makes sure that they are wholesome and not harmful to either the animal or the human food chain.

The law also means that animal feed businesses need to register with us. This can be done by emailing Trading Standards at