There are many ways you can support your community, whether donating gifts, food or your time.
There are many benefits to volunteering. By giving your time as a volunteer you can help others in your local community and give something back, make a difference to the lives of others, improve your health and wellbeing and so much more.
We have a number of volunteering opportunities across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.
Support a community food project near you
Through the Access to Food Partnership and Forum we have built up a map of the community food landscape in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole. We have used this map to train hundreds of front-line professionals who support those in crisis and those who need extra food support.
Use the Access to Food Partnership map to find out about community food projects near you and how you can get involved.
Supporting those who are homeless
The Homelessness Partnership work closely with those who are homeless or rough sleeping to help people into stable accommodation. Here's how you can provide support:
Donations of clean clothes and shoes can be dropped off at:
- Hope & More: 171 Seabourne Rd, Bournemouth BH5 2HH (Tuesday-Saturday 9.30am-5.30pm)
- Hope Housing: St Swithuns Road, Bournemouth BH1 3RQ
- SSAFA shop: 23 Church Rd, Parkstone, Poole BH14 8UF
Donations of toiletries, new underwear and socks can be dropped off at:
- Half-time: Westover Road, Bournemouth BH1 2BZ (Monday, Wednesday or Friday mornings)
- Routes to Roots: c/o Skinner Street United Reformed Church, 5 Skinner St, Poole BH15 1RQ (Monday-Friday lunchtime)
- Christchurch Foodbank: St Joseph’s church, 67 Purewell BH23 1EH (Monday & Tuesday 10am-12, Thursday 11am -1pm, Friday 2pm-4pm)
If you want to give money, then the Homelessness Partnership have set up Change for Good with Dorset Community Foundation. Local charities can apply for funds here to help individuals make the journey away from the street.
You can also help local people off the streets and prevent rough sleeping by donating to one of our contactless giving points installed across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole. Simply tap a payment card at the donation point to give £3.00. 100% of your donation is guaranteed to help homeless people locally. The contactless giving points can be found at:
- HSBC UK Bournemouth: 59 Old Christchurch Rd, Bournemouth BH1 1EH
- Hilton Hotel Bournemouth: Terrace Rd, Bournemouth BH2 5EL
- Half-time: 55 Westover Rd, Bournemouth BH1 2BZ
- Central Library Bournemouth: 22 The Triangle, Bournemouth BH2 5RQ
- Hope & More: 171 Seabourne Rd, Bournemouth BH5 2HH
- HSBC UK Poole: 165-167 High St, Poole BH15 1AU
- Gather: 110 Dolphin Centre, Poole BH15 1SZ
- HSBC UK Christchurch: 15 High St, Christchurch BH23 1AF
- Christchurch Baptist Church: 49 Bargates, Christchurch BH23 1QT
- Citizens Advice Mobile Van (various locations)
There are more contactless donation points planned for Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole. Watch this space for more updates.
If you see someone who is rough sleeping, then call the St Mungo's team on 01202 315962 or email firstname.lastname@example.org- they go out to provide street-level help every day of the week. You can also refer to the Streetlink team on 0300 500 0914 or via the Streetlink app.
If someone needs emergency help, call 999.