Level 3 cycle training for young people in further or higher education
The free Level 3 course from Bikeability gives young adults in further or higher education the skills to tackle a wider variety of traffic conditions. This allows them to experience many types of road conditions and more challenging traffic scenarios.
The course normally takes 2 hours, but we allow 2 and a half hours to meet prior to the session and discuss the expected outcomes.
The course covers:
- responding to hazards
- making ‘on-the-move’ risk assessments
- passing queuing traffic
- understanding advanced road positioning
- hazard perception and strategies to deal with them
- understanding driver blind spots, particularly for large vehicles
- reacting to hazardous road surfaces route planning for safer cycling.
Our Level 3 course starts at Kings Park Cycle Centre. The route we then take can be tailored to your needs. For example, it can take you towards home or your school, college or university. If it’s convenient for the instructor, we could also meet you at your school, college or university campus.
Dates and times are available on request. Courses can be arranged subject to demand and instructor availability.
Book a place
You can contact us to discuss your requirements and we can source an instructor for you.
We’ll need to know your:
- parent or guardian's full name (if you’re under 18)
- full name
- school, college or university year group
- landline number
- mobile number
- preferred course date, time and location.
Sometimes emails may get caught in the junk or spam folder, so do check these if you’re expecting an email from us.