Yearly or half yearly car park permits in the Bournemouth area
Apply for a permit
To apply, renew or pay for a yearly or half yearly parking permit, log in to our online permit system.
If this is the first time you've used the system, you'll be asked to create an account.
Once your account is set up, you can apply and pay for your permit or change your registration number.
Using this system means you no longer receive a physical permit and you will instead have a virtual permit. Our staff use their handheld devices to log in to the system and check if people have paid for parking.
- permits can be shared between two vehicles, except at Richmond Gardens and Avenue Road multi-storey car parks where you can only have one vehicle per permit. You can't use the permit on two vehicles at the same time in any location. You are responsible for updating your account to let us know which vehicle you want to use
- enter your car registration details carefully. Make sure you enter the correct registration number. Take care when entering 0 (zero) and O (the letter). Mistakes may result in the issue of a penalty charge notice
- if you apply for or use a permit fraudulently, the permit will be cancelled and no refund issued
- make sure you read the full terms and conditions for your chosen car park.
Permit costs for car parks
| Permit name (and car park use it grants)||Half yearly cost || Annual cost|
|Town Centre Permit - valid in central, Richmond Hill, Winter Gardens, West Hill and Keystone House. Please note that we are currently experiencing high volumes of vehicles using these car parks – the purchase of a permit does not guarantee a space. Conditions of use.
|Town Centre Outer Permit - valid in Cotlands Rd, Madeira Rd Multistorey Car Park, Lansdowne Rd and Berry Court. Please note that we are currently experiencing high volumes of vehicles using these car parks – the purchase of a permit does not guarantee a space. Conditions of use.
|Richmond Gardens Multistory Car Park Permit - please note that applications will be processed within five days of receiving them. This is because they cannot be processed at weekends and bank holidays. Do not pick a start date on a weekend or a Bank holiday date, as it will not be possible for it to start on those dates *. Conditions of use.
|Avenue Road MSCP - please note that applications will be processed within five days of receiving them. This is because they cannot be processed at weekends and bank holidays. Do not pick a start date on a weekend or a Bank holiday date, as it will not be possible for it to start on those dates *. Conditions of use.
* When applying or renewing these permits, we will only be able to activate and extend them during office hours. These hours are Monday to Thursday 08:30am to 5pm, and Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm. You will be unable to use your permit until is has been activated or extended and therefore will have to pay for your parking separately.
Permit costs for other sites
| Permit name|| Half yearly cost|| Annual cost|
|Milburn Road (long stay section only) and Princess Road (permit overflow only). Conditions of use.
|3 Hawkwood Road and Hawkwood Road Main. Conditions of use.
|St Michael's school / pre-school restricted permit for West Hill Car Park. Please note that only parents, guardians or carers of a child attending the school can apply for this permit. For St Michael’s School the permit may be used in the car park during school term only, 8:30am to 9:20am and 2:50pm to 3:40pm Monday to Friday inclusive. For St Michael’s School Pre School the permit may be used in the car park during school term only, 8:30am to 9am and 11:30am to 12pm Monday to Friday inclusive. Conditions of use.
Data Protection Statement
Data Protection legislation: Information that you provide will be held and used in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018. The Council will hold the information that you provide in both computerised and manual record systems. You can see a copy of the information held about you.
For further information, please see our Privacy Statement.