Branksome Recreation Ground
A large, open field with a play area and sports pitches for hire.
This recreation ground is licensed to hire for outdoor events.
Recreation Road, Branksome, Poole, BH12 2AL.
There’s a car park on site and limited parking on roads nearby.
You can reach this recreation ground from Playfields Drive, Recreation Road or Alder Road.
Dogs are allowed in the recreation ground, except within the fenced play area.
The ground has disabled toilets, showers and changing rooms.
Fun things to do
There’s a children's play area with:
- a 3-metre-high climbing wall with spider's web climbing net
- early learning games painted on the ground for younger children
- junior swings and cradle swings
- climbing frame with high slide and hang bars
- raft springer see-saw
- bowl spinner
- toadstool seat
- wizard multiplay climbing frame
- flymobile overhead spinner
- running for gold balance trail leading into a natural play trail with logs, bridges and rocks
- three-bay swing with four flat seats and one basket swing
- swirl inclusive roundabout
- red seat simulator roundabout
- pixie springie
- streetboard springie
- cockerel three-way springie.
Sport and exercise
The recreation ground has:
- three 11-a-side football pitches (F1, F2 and F3)
- 1 artificial wicket (C1)
- 1 grass wicket (C1)
- free use of cricket nets in season
- outdoor gym equipment.