Skip to content

Missing or damaged bin

If your bin is missing or badly damaged, please let us know.

If it's missing, please check that the bin is not nearby or at a neighbour's house.

If the wheels on your recycling or rubbish bin are broken, we should be able to fix this free of charge. Any other damage will require a replacement.

There is a charge for replacement bins:

  • £45 for an additional rubbish bin
  • £55 for an additional recycling bin.

If you receive certain benefits

If you're in receipt of certain income based benefits, you may be able to have a replacement bin free of charge. Please see the list below to see if you're eligible.

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Pension Credit - Guarantee Credit
  • Universal Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Council Tax Support.

If you are in receipt of one of these benefits, please contact us directly. 

Report a missing or damaged bin

Use our online form to report a missing or damaged bin.

Food waste container/food waste caddy - Bournemouth and Christchurch residents

If the food waste container you put out for collection or the kitchen caddy has gone missing or is damaged, we'll provide you with a replacement free of charge, please use our online form to apply for a replacement.

Please note the replacement for the outside food waste container is a 23L food waste container and not the 12L insert.

Further guidance

Please see our BCP Council household waste collection guidance PDF for more information.