Accounts and Audit (Amendment) Regulations 2021
The Government has extended the deadlines for publishing audited local authority accounts for the financial years 2020 to 2021 and 2021 to 2022. This is in response to the Independent review into the effectiveness of external audit and transparency of financial reporting in local authorities.
The revised deadlines applicable to local authorities for the 2020 to 2021 financial year are as follows:
- approve draft accounts 31 July 2021 (previously 31 May)
- public inspection period to start on or before first working day of August 2021 (previously included first 10 working days of June)
- final audited accounts published 30 September 2021 (previously 31 July).
The Accounts and Audit (Amendment) Regulations 2021 have implemented these new deadlines by amending the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015.
A further notice will be issued in due course that will detail the period and arrangements for public inspection of the accounts.
Notices 2019 to 2020
Annual Statement of Accounts
See further information about changes to other services.
At the end of each financial year, we publish a 'Statement of Accounts' setting out our financial position and the transactions that we have made during the year. The accounts show:
- how we have spent money on services
- statements of movement in the general fund
- gains and losses
- a balance sheet which lists all our assets and liabilities .
You have the right to inspect these accounts in accordance with the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014.
Archived statements of annual accounts
For any previous statements of annual accounts not listed, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bournemouth Borough Council:
Christchurch Borough Council:
Borough of Poole: