Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service
In response to the coronavirus outbreak, the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government has issued revised Accounts and Audit regulations for the Statement of Accounts 2019/20.
The revised deadlines applicable to local authorities are as follows:
- approve draft accounts 31 August 2020 (previously 31 May)
- public inspection period to start on or before first working day of September 2020 (previously included first 10 working days of June)
- final audited accounts 30 November 2020 (previously 31 July)
The Accounts and Audit (Coronavirus) (Amendment) Regulations 2020 have implemented these new deadlines by amending the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015.
A further notice will be issued in due course that will detail the period and arrangements for public inspection of the accounts.
Annual Statement of Accounts
See further information about changes to other services.
At the end of each financial year, we publish a 'Statement of Accounts' setting out our financial position and the transactions that we have made during the year. The accounts show:
- how we have spent money on services
- statements of movement in the general fund
- gains and losses
- a balance sheet which lists all our assets and liabilities
You have the right to inspect these accounts in accordance with the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014.