Skip to content
Coast Banner

Apply to change your child's school (in year application)

You can make an application to move school by:

If you apply online, you'll also need to pass this background information form to your child's current or previous school for them to complete and return to us. 

Please ensure we have all the information requested before you submit your application as your application cannot be processed until this form is received. 

Evidence required 

If you're moving into or within Bournemouth, Christchurch or Poole and you want your application to be based on your new address, you must give us proof of this address.

 Type of house move  Evidence
Property sale  Solicitor's letter confirming exchange of contracts on your property sale and purchase. 
Property rental  Copy of your new tenancy agreement giving property address and date of duration of tenancy and notice to quit your current property. These must be signed by you and your new landlord. The new tenancy agreement must be signed and dated before the closing date, but can have a start date later than the closing date. 
Moving to live with a friend or relative  Letter from your friend or relative confirming the arrangements and the date that you'll be moving to live with them. Proof of their address, such as a recent Council Tax or utility bill. You can only base your application on this address once you're actually living there.   
Child moving from one parent or carer to live with another on a long-term basis  Written confirmation from both parents (or from parent or previous carer and new carer) explaining the new arrangements. Proof of the new address, such as a copy of a recent Council Tax or utility bill.   
Armed services or crown servants  Posting order or official letter stating the date you're due to move and the unit postal address or quartering area.   
Domestic violence refuge  Written confirmation from refuge staff that you're living in the refuge due to domestic violence.   

School admission policies

Admission policies for all mainstream schools in the area are available. Make sure to read the policy for the schools you are interested in to make sure the school is right for you. 

Information about schools

Faith schools 

If you are applying for one of the following schools you will need to complete and return this Faith Grounds supplementary information form (SIF) to us: 

The following schools within Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole require proof of religious commitment to be considered under their faith criteria:  

Primary, infant and first schools

  • Bishop Aldhelm’s CE VA Primary School 
  • Christ the King Catholic Primary School 
  • Corpus Christi Catholic Primary School 
  • Highcliffe St Mark Primary School 
  • St Joseph’s RC Primary School Christchurch 
  • St Joseph’s RC Primary School Poole 
  • St Mark’s CE Primary School 
  • St Mary’s RC Primary School 
  • St Peter’s School 
  • St Walburga’s Catholic Primary School 
  • The Priory C of E Primary School (2021-22 only) 

Secondary Schools

  • St Edward’s RC CE VA School 
  • St Peter’s School 
  • The Bishop of Winchester Academy 

If you are applying for any of these schools, you need to ask your priest or minister to complete and return each school’s SIF to the school. 

Service Pupil Premium in Poole

If you're applying for Twin Sails Infant School or Hamworthy Park Junior School in Poole on military service grounds you must complete a Supplementary Information Form (SIF). Once completed, return your SIF to the school. You can find this SIF on the schools’ websites.