Coast Banner

Training for educational psychologists

We host trainees studying with accredited universities which offer doctoral level courses in Education Psychology.

To train as an educational psychologist you will need:

  • a good honours degree in psychology (or a similar degree that gives the right recognition by the British Psychological Society).
  • experience of working with children.
  • to finish a three-year doctoral course, which has given you experience of working as a trainee with a local authority.

We can’t offer work experience for non-trainees. However, if you’d like any advice please contact us.

You can find more information about starting a career in Educational Psychology through the British Psychological Society and the Association of Educational Psychologists website.