SENDiass4BCP, previously Bournemouth SENDiass and Poole SENDIASS, provide a free, confidential, and impartial service for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) who live across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole and their parents or carers. We are arms’ length from the local authority.
We can help if you are a child or young person (0-25 years old) with special educational needs or disabilities or if you are the parent or carer of a child or young person with SEND.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are no longer based at an office. We can still be reached via email at email@example.com, or on our Advice Line, 01202 128181. Our advice line operates Monday to Thursday between 9:30am and 12:30pm, and we do respond to voicemails left on that number. We are open between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
You can find further information, including fact sheets and videos produced by us, on our website, our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
As a service we can:
- listen to, and help you to, voice your views and concerns
- work with you to explore your options
- help you to understand your family’s rights in relation to special educational needs and disabilities
- help you to understand your family’s rights in relation to exclusions
- prepare for and/or attend meetings with you, including annual reviews and meetings about exclusions
- understand reports, letters, processes
- support you to write letters and express your views
- support you through the Education, Health and Care Plan process
- help you to resolve issues and find solutions
- provide advice and support on mediation and SEND Tribunals.
Further useful links
Further SEND Legal Information and Advice can be obtained from the IPSEA website.