Level 3 cycle training for children
This Bikeability Level 3 course is for children aged 10 or over who want to improve their skills after successfully completing levels 1 and 2.
It will give children the confidence to tackle a wider variety of traffic conditions on more challenging roads and junctions.
The 2-and-a-half-hour course is for children who live or go to school in Bournemouth, Christchurch or Poole. It covers:
- responding to hazards
- making ‘on-the-move’ risk assessments
- queuing traffic
- understanding advanced road positioning
- hazard perception and strategies to deal with them
- understanding driver blind spots, particularly for large vehicles
- reacting to hazardous road surfaces
- route planning for safer cycling.
We do not currently have any scheduled courses but if you are interested in a course, please email email@example.com with:
- parent's name
- child's age and school
- contact telephone number and email address
- the type of course you're interested in
- location (Kings Park Cycle Centre, Bournemouth Velodrome or Slades Park)
- when you would like the course to be (school holidays, Saturdays).
Courses are charged at £5 per person, which is fully refundable if you cancel from the course with at least 24 hour’s notice.
Our Bikeability scheme is part subsidised by The Bikeability Trust, via DfT funding.
You can contact us at:
When you book your child on a course, you’ll be given a number to contact us and mobile telephone numbers for your child's instructors on the day.
Sometimes emails may get caught in the junk or spam folder, so do check these if you’re expecting an email from us.