Report needles, litter or refuse on the roads
We provide litter bins throughout Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole and encourage everyone to use them. We also provide a street cleaning service for highways, public footways, pedestrian areas, car parks and many public areas.
The busier the area, the more often we clean it.
- clean road signs and street furniture
- remove rubbish from council land
- empty litter bins before they become full
- help with locally organised litter picks
- hand-pick litter and rubbish from pavements or grass verges
- use mechanical sweeping to clean gutters and roadways
- get rid of chewing gum in pedestrian areas
- clear major leaf falls from roads
- collect discarded syringes and needles.
Report needles, litter or refuse on the roads in Bournemouth or Christchurch
Report needles, litter or refuse on the roads in Poole
You will need to tell us:
- the location of the issue
- any additional information that can help us locate the issue
- your contact details if you want us to update you.
Needles, syringes or broken glass
We can remove hypodermic needles, syringes or broken glass from all council owned land.
Any needles or syringes found on educational premises (such as schools and nurseries) during working hours should be reported immediately to the premises directly, where staff on site are trained to deal with such items.
We do not remove needles, syringes or broken glass from domestic properties generated by householder(s) medical conditions, such as diabetes. Alternative arrangement should be made through the local healthcare provider.