Apply for a white ''H'' marking

You can apply for us to paint a white "H" marking in front of your dropped kerb to stop people parking in front of it. It is also known as an access protection marking.

To apply for this service, you will need:

  • proof of residency (copy of a bill stating your name and address)
  • £220 fee for the marking.

For no extra cost, we can cover two access points providing they are immediately next to each other. This can include your neighbour's dropped kerb if you have their consent.

Applications will be grouped and progressed at regular intervals throughout the year. Please be aware that there may be a delay between making your request and any work being completed.

If you already have a white "H" marking and wish to have it refreshed, please contact the traffic management team by email to