Abandoned cars or vans affect the quality of life in a neighbourhood. They can become dangerous if vandalised or filled with rubbish.
It's our job to remove abandoned vehicles from the roads in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole. If you notice an abandoned vehicle, please report it to us.
Before you get in touch, please check the vehicle is taxed using the GOV.UK website. If the vehicle is taxed and parked legally, we cannot remove it.
How to tell if a vehicle has been abandoned
An abandoned vehicle can be reported to us if it meets any of the following criteria:
- the tyres are flat
- wheels are missing
- the windscreen or windows are broken
- it’s going mouldy
- it’s full of rubbish
- the number plates are missing
- there are wires hanging from the dashboard
- it’s been vandalised inside or out
- it’s suddenly appeared in your road and none of your neighbours know who it belongs to.
Reporting an abandoned vehicle
If you can, please provide:
- the exact location of the vehicle
- the registration number
- the make, model and colour
- the date it was abandoned.
Report an abandoned vehicle in Bournemouth, Christchurch or Poole