Smart Place - privacy notice
Please read our general Privacy Notice as well as this notice. BCP Council are the Data Controller for this service.
What we do
The Challenge Platform is where BCP Council or an organisation in the area have a challenge to build, support or resolve a digital transformation aim. This platform allows the challenge to be advertised and others to contribute with how it can be done/overcome.
The purposes we use any personal information you have provided
We collect and process your personal information to provide these services to you. This will include:
- Notification of opportunities for involvement with the challenges
- Updating you with the latest news relating to the Research & Development Consortium and Challenge Platform
- Providing you with access to the Challenge Platform and associated documentation for challenges and sectors
- The opportunity to register your interest in challenges
- The opportunity to submit your solution proposals for challenges
- Displaying the details you provide for networking and communication opportunities through the platform to other Research & Development Consortium partners
- Maintain out list of Research & Development Consortium partners and relevant contact details
The personal information we collect and use
We only obtain and use the information we need to provide our services to you. We do not obtain and use special category information.
The law we use to process your personal information
The GDPR/DPA conditions we meet.
The conditions that we use to process your personal information are:
- Consent: you have given consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose, or purposes
How to withdraw your consent
Where you have been asked to provide your consent to processing you can withdraw it at any time. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact or talk to the officer in the Council who has been providing the service or services to you.
If you do not have an officer that you have regular contact with, please make your request to withdraw consent to our Customer Services team.
Remember to tell us which service or services your request applies to, so that we know who to send it to within the Council.
Who we may share your information with
We may share your information with the council service departments responsible for a specific challenge that you have registered interest in, or a proposal that you have submitted. For example, if you register your interest in a homelessness challenge, we may invite you to a meeting with our Housing team, giving the team access to your name and email address.
How long we keep information about you
Your personal data will be kept for as long as the challenge platform is live. Once the platform is decommissioned, your personal data associated with the platform will be removed in accordance with your right to be forgotten. In the meantime, if you enter into a contract with the Council the data protection regulations of that contract will continue to apply.