Telecare Services - Bournemouth Careline & Poole Lifeline privacy notice
The Careline and Lifeline Telecare Services teams consist of Phone operators and Telecare installers.
Operators answer calls from customers and Telecare Installers install telecare equipment in people’s homes.
Please read our general privacy notice as well as this notice.
What we do
- we are responsible for providing and monitoring telecare equipment which includes both monitoring and response services
- we install, maintain and respond to activations of the telecare equipment and ancillary devices.
The purposes we use your personal information for
We collect and process your personal information to provide these services to you. This will include:
- checking your suitability for telecare and agreeing the best service provision for your needs
- managing your payments
- understanding your support network and health conditions to respond appropriately in an emergency.
The personal information we collect and use
We only obtain and use the information we need to provide our services to you. We do obtain and use special category information.
The law we use to process your personal information
The main legislation that provides us with the statutory basis to deliver our services is:
- Care Act 2014 – adult social care
- Mental Health Act 1983 – adult social care
- Mental Capacity Act 2005 – adult social care
The GDPR/DPA conditions we meet:
The conditions that we use to process your personal information are:
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract with you
- Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life or protect them from harm.
- Special category personal information - We also use these additional conditions to process your special category personal information:
- Health or social care: the processing is necessary for the purposes of preventive or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the working capacity of the employee, medical diagnosis, the provision of health or social care or treatment or the management of health or social care systems and service
Who we may share your information with
We may also share your personal information with these organisations
- Other Local Government Departments including Housing, Customer Services, Revenue and Benefits, Legal Services, Adult Social Care, Children’s Social Care, Safeguarding, Financial Services, Commissioning Services and the Policy, Performance and Insight team.
- Dorset Healthcare University Foundation Trust
- South West Ambulance Service
- Dorset Police, other Emergency Services, National Probation Services
- Social and Welfare Advisers or Practitioners
- Poole Housing Partnership
- BCP Revenues & Benefits
- Healthcare Providers Benefits Agency: DWP
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Immigration Services
- Housing Associations
- Other Contracted Service Providers for example those who provide out ICT software and carry out maintenance to our call monitoring systems.
How long we keep information about you
We will retain this information for 24 months from the cancellation of your service as stated in our retention schedule and in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
How to contact us: