Quality Assurance Team privacy notice
Please read our general privacy notice as well as this notice.
What we do
We are responsible for gathering feedback and opinion regarding Adult Social Care related services to enable participation in service improvement and community engagement.
The purposes we use your personal information for
We collect and process your personal information to provide these services to you. This will include:
- gathering feedback and opinion about any Adult Social Care or related service
- enabling participation in service improvement and community engagement.
The personal information we collect and use
We only obtain and use the information we need to provide our services to you. We also obtain and use special category information.
The law we use to process your personal information
The main legislation that provides us with the statutory basis to deliver our services is:
- Community Care Act 1990
- Care Act 2014
- Mental Health Act 1983
- Mental Capacity Act 2005
The GDPR/DPA conditions we meet:
The conditions that we use to process your personal information are:
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018:
Article 6 – Lawfulness of Processing:
- a) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject
- b) processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
Special category personal information
We also use these additional conditions to process your special category personal information:
Article 9 – Special Categories of Personal Data
- a) processing is necessary for the purposes of carrying out the obligations and exercising specific rights of the controller or of the data subject in the field of employment and social security and social protection law in so far as it is authorised by Union or Member State law or a collective agreement pursuant to Member State law providing for appropriate safeguards for the fundamental rights and the interests of the data subject.
- Paragraph 3: Personal data referred to in paragraph 1 may be processed for the purposes referred to in point (h) of paragraph 2 when those data are processed by or under the responsibility of a professional subject to the obligation of professional secrecy under Union or Member State law or rules established by national competent bodies or by another person also subject to an obligation of secrecy under Union or Member State law or rules established by national competent bodies.
Who we may share your information with
We use a range of organisations to either store personal information or to help deliver our services to you.
We may also share your personal information with organisations:
- Health Professionals
- General Practitioners
- NHS Community Services
- NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Independent agencies providing care and support
- South West Ambulance Service
- Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Housing Associations
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Financial services for benefit advice and financial assessments
- Volunteer services (e.g. food bank)
- Advocacy services
- Mental health services
- Other BCP Council Departments
- Other Local Authorities
- Court of Protection
- Office of the Public Guardian
- Support and advice services
- Local Government Ombudsman
- In instances of complaint, we may share information with independent complaint investigators
How long we keep information about you
We will retain this information for 10 years as stated in our Retention Schedule and in accordance with the RGLA (Retention Guidelines Local Government).