Local Land Charges Team privacy notice
Please read our general privacy notice as well as this notice.
What we do
- we are responsible for providing Local Land Charges searches
- collecting monies owed to us by you for carrying out certain searches
- supplying copies of legal documents revealed on a search if requested
- responding to general enquiries.
The purposes we use your personal information for
We collect and process your personal information to provide these services to you. This will include:
- to complete and return to the appropriate person searches submitted to the Local Land Charges Department
- used to issue a Local Land Charges Certificate
- supply a copy of legal documents revealed on a Search
- collection of monies owed to us by you for carrying out certain searches
- to respond to general enquiries.
The personal information we collect and use
We only obtain and use the information we need to provide our services to you. We do not obtain and use special category information.
The law we use to process your personal information
The main legislation that provides us with the statutory basis to deliver our services is:
- The Local Land Charges Act 1975.
The GDPR/DPA conditions we meet:
The conditions that we use to process your personal information are:
The processing is necessary for us to comply with the law according to the above legislation.
Who we may share your information with
- Planning Department
- Highways Department
- Environmental Health Department
- Finance Department.
How long we keep information about you
We will only hold the details of the search request on our system for 6 months. However, the information contained in a search result will be held for 30 years, in accordance with the Local Land Charges Act 1975 and our insurance provider.
Our Local Land Charges Register is held as a permanent record.